Following are the aims and objectives of the IAP ACVIP:
1. To issue rational guidelines to its members through publication of guidebook, updates in Indian Pediatrics and other journals, and at its website on various issues related to vaccines and practice of immunization.
2. To guide government of India (GOI) on various issues related to constitution of National Immunization Program (NIP).
3. To guide government of India (GoI)/ICMR/NTAGI on various issues related to introduction of a new vaccine in to its NIP.
4. To extend IAP's advocacy role in providing impetus to vaccination drive all over the country.
5. To collaborate with ministry of Health (MoH)/ICMR/ International and national health agencies in improving routine immunization (RI) stat-us in the country;
6. To collaborate with other IAP chapters/groups/ national agencies in gathering data on important vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs);
7. To help national agencies /institutions to gather data on vaccine safety and AEFI;
8. To counteract any misinformation campaign against vaccines/vaccination programs through its various avenues like publications/websites/media interviews, etc.