- Minimum age: 6 weeks
- The first booster (4thth dose) may be administered as early as age 12 months, provided at least 6 months have elapsed since the third dose.
- DTaP vaccine/combinations should preferably be avoided for the primary series.
- DTaP may be preferred to DTwP in children with history of severe adverse effects after previous dose/s of DTwP or children with neurologic disorders.
- First and second boosters may also be of DTwP. However, considering a higher reactogenicity, DTaP can be considered for the boosters.
- ACVIP does not approve the use of Tdap as second booster of DTP schedule!
- If any 'acellular pertussis' containing vaccine is used, it must at least have 3 or more components in the product.
- No need of repeating/giving additional doses of whole-cell pertussis (wP) vaccine to a child who has earlier completed their primary schedule with acellular pertussis (aP) vaccine-containing products
- Catch-up schedule: The 2nd childhood booster is not required if the last dose has been given beyond the age of 4 years
- Catch up below 7 years: DTwP/DTaP at 0, 1 and 6 months;
- Catch up above 7 years: Tdap, Td, and Td at 0, 1 and 6 months.