Hepatitis A (HepA) vaccines
- Minimum age: 12 months
- Inactivated HepA vaccine: Start the 2-dose HepA vaccine series for children aged 12 through 23 months; separate the 2 doses by 6 to 18 months.
- Live attenuated H2-strain Hepatitis A vaccine: Single dose starting at 12 months and through 23 months of age
- Either of the two vaccines can be used in 'catch-up' schedule beyond 2 years of age
- Administer 2 doses of inactivated vaccine at least 6 months apart to unvaccinated persons
- Only single dose of live attenuated H2-strain vaccine
- For catch up vaccination, pre vaccination screening for Hepatitis A antibody is recommended in children older than 10 years as at this age the estimated sero-positive rates exceed 50%.