Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines
- Minimum age: 9 years
- HPV4 [Gardasil®] and HPV2 [Cervarix®] are licensed and available.
- Only 2 doses of either of the two HPV vaccines (HPV4 & HPV2) for adolescent/preadolescent girls aged 9-14 years;
- For girls 15 years and older, and immunocompromised individuals 3 doses are recommended
- For two-dose schedule, the minimum interval between doses should be 6 months.
- Either HPV4 (0, 2, 6 months) or HPV2 (0, 1, 6 months) is recommended in a 3-dose series for females aged 15 years and older
- HPV4 can also be given in a 3-dose series for males aged 11 or 12 years, but not yet licensed for use in males in India.
- The vaccine series can be started beginning at age 9 years.
- For three-dose schedule, administer the 2nd dose 1 to 2 months after the 1st dose and the 3rd dose 6 months after the 1st dose (at least 24 weeks after the first dose).
- Administer the vaccine series to females (either HPV2 or HPV4) at age 13 through 45 years if not previously vaccinated.
- Use recommended routine dosing intervals (see above) for vaccine series catch-up.