Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Minimum age: 9 months or 270 completed days.
- Administer the first dose of MMR vaccine at age 9 through 12 months, the second dose at age 15 through 18 months, and final (the 3rd) dose at age 4 through 6 years.
- The 2nd dose must follow in 2nd year of life. However, it can be given at anytime 4-8 weeks after the 1st dose
- No need to give stand-alone measles vaccine
- Ensure that all school-aged children and adolescents have had at least 2 doses of MMR vaccine (3 doses if the 1st dose is received before 12 months) ;
- The minimum interval between the 2 doses is 4 weeks.
- One dose if previously vaccinated with one dose (2 doses if the 1st dose is received before 12 months) ;
- 'Stand alone' measles/any measles-containing vaccine or MMR can be administered to infants aged 6 through 8 months during outbreaks. However, this dose should not be counted.