Rotavirus (RV) vaccines
- Minimum age: 6 weeks for all available brands ( RV-1 [Rotarix], RV-5 [RotaTeq] and RV-116E [Rotavac])
- Only two doses of RV-1 are recommended
- RV1 should preferably be employed in 10 and 14 week schedule, instead of 6 and 10 week; the former schedule is found to be far more immunogenic than the later
- If any dose in series was RV-5 or RV-116E or vaccine product is unknown for any dose in the series, a total of 3 doses of RV vaccine should be administered.
- The maximum age for the first dose in the series is 14 weeks, 6 days
- Vaccination should not be initiated for infants aged 15 weeks, 0 days or older.
- The maximum age for the final dose in the series is 8 months, 0 days.